Please apply through SSAFA. (This can be done by someone on your behalf). Contact the SSAFA branch/Division nearest to your home.

To find out where it is, go to SSAFA near you and put in your postcode.

What will happen next?

A SSAFA representative (caseworker) will contact you and arrange a home visit to discuss your needs. A written report will then be submitted to Royal Scots Benevolence for consideration.

Other military organisations may be approached on your behalf, to help cover the costs of your claim, eg. Poppy Scotland , ABF The Soldiers Charity or other Regiments with which you have served.

Please note!

If your case is urgent, funds can be released quickly but please note: money is not paid directly to you as the applicant. SSAFA will use any money awarded to pay for the goods or services you require.