The Royal Scots Regimental Association provides a focal point for all Royal Scots, their families and supporters.
We are proud to have as our Patron HRH Princess Anne, The Princess Royal and to commemorate the history and service of all Royal Scots to Sovereign and Nation.
Whether you want to socialise with like-minded people, take part in commemorative events or just stay in touch with Royal Scots news, we have something to offer.
Benefits of Membership
• The Thistle (twice a year)
• Association newsletter
• Invitations to meetings and events.
“Great craic and friendship”
We asked our Members what they enjoy most about being part of the Association. “The comradeship, the get-togethers”, they said. “Remembering friends past and present”, “Pride in the Regiment”, “Friendship, information”, “Lots of fun and good company”, “I love the banter.”
Why not join us and see for yourself!
The objects of the Association are:
• To provide a focal point for all members of the Regimental Family of The Royal Scots, including those who served with The Royal Scots and their families, and those serving or who have served with successor elements in The Royal Regiment of Scotland.
• To commemorate the history and service to Sovereign and Nation of all elements of The Royal Scots and its successor elements within The Royal Regiment of Scotland.
• To extend Benevolence to all in need who have served in The Royal Scots, and their dependants.
• To encourage recruitment to the Regular and Reserve Armies as a whole but, in particular, for The Royal Regiment of Scotland and, specifically, the 1st and 6th Battalions of that Regiment.
What do our members say?
“My grandfather, my father and uncles all served in The Royal Scots. I was pleasantly surprised when I joined the Association. They took me under their wing and made me feel very welcome. As I was in the TA myself (WRAC) I know how to march and they invite me to parade with them. I feel so proud to march for my family.” Sheila Purvis
How To Join
Membership is open to:
• Soldiers and Officers of all ranks who have served with, or been attached to, the Regiment as Regulars, Territorials, Reserve’s or affiliated Cadets (ACF, CCF or UOTC) are eligible for full membership (£10 per year)
• Serving members of The Royal Scots Borderers, 1st Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland, together with members of A Company 52nd Lowland, 6th Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland, or those who have served as members of that Unit or sub-Unit, are eligible for full membership (£10 per year).
• Spouses, widows, widowers, partners, civil partners, and dependents over the age of eighteen of all those who qualify for membership under Rule 4 may be admitted as Family Members. They will pay normal subscriptions and shall have a vote other than on changes to the Constitution. In special circumstances subscriptions may be waived for widows and widowers at the discretion of Branch Committees.
How to join
If you wish to join, Fill in the form below or send the information to: The Royal Scots Association Secretary, c/o The Royal Scots Club, 29-30 Abercromby Place, Edinburgh EH3 6QE. firstname.lastname@example.org
Other paths to Membership
Branches may elect “Association Members” who do not qualify for membership under Para 1 but who support the Objects of the Association. Associate Members shall pay normal subscriptions of £10 per year and have a vote other than on questions on changes to the Constitution.
What do our members say?
“Just come and you will be made to feel at home, just like being back in the billet telling stories of the good old days.” JP Jones, 4 years with the Regiment
Membership Fees are due to be paid by 1st February 2018, please find below the form which can be downloaded below, please ensure you download the correct page for your Branch, Cash and Cheques can be paid direct to the branch.
Hand cash to your Branch Secretary:-
Edinburgh Branch – Mags Allan
East of Scotland Branch – Peter Blackie
Central Scotland Branch – David Milne
Northern Ireland Branch – Davy McKendrick
Highland Branch – Derrick Cumming
Southern Branch – Tommy Millar
In the case of a cheque only, do not post cash, you may post it direct to;-
The Royal Scots Association
The Regimental Office
The Royal Scots Club
29 – 31 Abercromby Place