NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the First Annual General Meeting of members of the Association for the year 2018 will be held at The Royal Scots Club, 30 Abercrombie Place, Edinburgh EH4 on Friday 19 January 2018 at 7.30p.m. for the following purposes:
1. To receive the Chairman’s Report.
2. To receive and adopt the report of the General Committee and the accounts of the Association for the year ended 31 March 2017.
3. To elect Mr Paul Robertson as Hon Treasurer for the forthcoming year.
4. To elect Mr Thomas Logan as Hon Secretary for the forthcoming year.
5. To consider any other business of which notice has been given
Please note that the Association’s constitution provides only for paid up members or their properly appointed Proxies to attend and vote at General Meetings of the Association. However, an invitation is extended to all members of the wider regimental family and the wives/husbands/partners of fully paid up members to attend, but it should be understood that only paid up members may speak or vote at the Meeting.
By order of the General Committee
6th November 2017
A member entitled to attend and vote at the above-mentioned meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy, who need not be a member of the Association, to attend and vote in his stead, using the proxy form attached to this notice. To be valid proxies must be deposited at the office of the Association, The Royal Scots Regimental Association, The Royal Scots Club, 29-31 Abercromby Place, Edinburgh EH3 6QE not less than 48 hours before the time of the meeting. Proxy forms may also be sent electronically using firstname.lastname@example.org but to be valid must carry the member’s signature.