The Royal Scots Regimental Association
Also further down this page: Regimental Benevolence, The Royal Scots Benevolent Society.
The objects of the Association are:
- To provide a focal point for all past members of the wider Regimental Family of The Royal Scots and for those serving or who have served with its successor elements in The Royal Regiment of Scotland.
- To commemorate the history and service to Sovereign and Nation of all elements of The Royal Scots and its successor elements within The Royal Regiment of Scotland.
- To extend sympathy and guidance to all in need who have served in The Royal Scots, including their dependants.
- To encourage recruiting for the Regular and Territorial Armies as a whole but, in particular, for The Royal Regiment of Scotland and, specifically, the 1st and 6th Battalions of that Regiment.
- Officers and Soldiers of all ranks who have served with, or been attached to, the Regiment as Regulars, Territorials or affiliated Cadets (ACF, CCF or UOTC) are eligible for full membership (£!0 per year).
- Serving members of The Royal Scots Borderers, 1st Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland, together with members of A Company 52nd Lowland, 6th Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland, or those who have served as members of that Unit or sub-Unit, are eligible for full membership (£10 per year).
- Branches may elect “Association Members” who do not qualify for membership under Para 1 but who support the Objects of the Association. In no case may Associate Membership of an individual Branch exceed 49% of the total membership of that Branch. Associate Members shall pay subscriptions (£6 per year) and shall have a vote other than on questions on changes to the Constitution.
- Wives, civil partners, widows and dependants over the age of 18 of a Member or Associate Member may be admitted as Associate Members (£6 per year).
- If you wish to join, please forward the following information to Home Headquarters, The Royal Scots (The Royal Regiment), The Castle, Edinburgh, EH1 2YT, Telephone 0131-310-5016, or e-mail the following information to email@example.com.
To join The Royal Scots Regimental Association please forward the following information:
Please state whether your service is or was:
- Regular, Wartime, Territorial or National Service.
- Your Title, First Names and Surname
- Army Number
- Rank on Discharge
- Date of Birth
- Date Enlisted
- Date Discharged
- Your Address, including postcode
- Telephone Number
- Fax Number
- your E-mail address.
The Royal Scots Benevolent Society (Charity Number: SC011397)
The affairs of the Royal Scots Benevolent Society are governed by Trustees and all applications for financial assistance are considered by a Sub-Committee appointed by the Trustees.
The objects of the Society are as follows:
- to help to conserve, promote and celebrate the position, prestige, history, traditions and privileges of The Royal Scots (The Royal Regiment) (referred to as "the Regiment")
- to provide financial assistance to persons serving or who have served in the Regiment in any rank, and their dependants.
How to Apply:
All applications for assistance should be addressed to the SSAFA Forces Help branch/Division nearest to the applicant's home. See SSAFA near you.
If in difficulty the nearest Royal British Legion office or Department for Work and Pensions will assist.
SSAFA Forces Help Website is at: http://www.ssafa.org.uk
A representative (Caseworker) from SSAFA Forces Help will make contact and will meet the applicant to determine the facts relating to the application for assistance.
A written report will then be submitted to the Secretary of The Royal Scots Benevolent Society for consideration by the Investigation Sub-Committee.
Once the case has been considered the decision will be referred back to the relevant SSAFA Forces Help Branch who will be advised what amount has been awarded and how the grant is to be used. Grants will not be paid directly to the applicant.
Donations and Legacies:
These will be gratefully received and acknowledged by the Trustees.
To donate, visit http://www.charitychoice.co.uk/charities/search?t=qsearch&q=royal+scots
All enquiries should be directed to:
Captain Jimmy Springthorpe,
The Royal Scots Benevolent Society
c/o HHQ RS
EDINBURGH EH1 2YT
Telephone No: 0131-310-5016